- Initial Data Collection, Collation, Analysis and Management
- Damage Accident Modelling beyond current statistics
- Numerical Simulations and Verification
- Flooding Risk Model
- Mitigation of Flood Risk
- Risk-Based Design Demonstrators
- IMO recommendations for a risk-based regulatory framework
- Dissemination and Exploitation
Initial Data Collection, Collation, Analysis and Management
In this work package relevant basic input data is provided to be used in other workspaces of the FLARE project. In particular, the provision of sample ships, operational data and experience as well as the analysis of real traffic data and the review of the risk model are forming the base for the developments to be achieved in the project. The work is divided into the following main activities:
- The provision of sample ships which reflect actual designs of passenger ships;
- The review of operational data targeting a better understanding of actual loading conditions;
- The measurement and calculation of permeabilities and comparison with the assumptions in SOLAR;
- The analysis of operational patterns of cruise ships and RoPax ferries with regard to potential for collision, contact and grounding.
Here you can download the reports of this workspace:
Deliverable 2.1 "Overview Sample Ships"
Deliverable 2.2 "Database of Operational Data and Statistical Analysis"
Deliverable 2.3 "Analysis of Permeabilities"
Deliverable 2.4 "Analysis of Routing and Traffic Data"
Deliverable 2.5 "Revised Event Tree and Recommendations for Improvements"